For your trip to India you need a valid visa. The necessary application forms can be obtained from the Indian Consulate. The costs differ depending on your country. You also need two passport photographs and a valid passport (valid for at least 6 months). It may take up to two weeks for the visa to be issued.
e-Visa to India : Travel and Other details
Applicant should carry a copy of the e-visa during his or her travel and e-Visa is valid for entry through 24 designated airports & 3 seaports in India.Traveller should ensure that they are booking the flights to following airports:
Cochin, Trivandrum, Calicut, Coimbatore, Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Chennai, Chandigarh, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, and Varanasi. They can take the exit from any of the authorized Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) in India.
Biometric details of the applicant will be mandatorily captured at Immigration on arrival to India and the visa is valid for 60days from the date of arrival in India.E-visa facility can be availed two times in a calendar year and is non-extendable, non-convertible and not valid for visiting Protected/Restricted and Cantonment Areas.Nationals of Yellow Fever affected countries must carry Yellow Fever Vaccination Card at the time of arrival to India else they may be quarantined for 6 days upon arrival.
Click here to apply for E-Visa
Documents required for e-Visa application to India
- Scanned pdf version of the first page of applicant’s passport. The file size should between 10KB to 300KB.
- Copy of Letter from the Hospital concerned in India on its letterhead.Medinovita will work with hospital to get the letter for the patient to apply for the medical visa.
- A digital photograph in JPEG meeting following requirement is also needed:
- File Size should be 10KB to 1MB
- The height and width of the photo should be equal.
- The photo should have a full face, front view and eyes open.
- Center head within the frame. Head from top of the hair to the bottom of the chin of the individual should be prominent.
- The background should be plain light colored or white.
- There should be no shadows on the face or on the background.
- The photo should not have any borders.
Medical Visa to India
Patients who are seeking medical treatment in India can available e-visa medical facility for travel to India. This visa can be applied online on Government of India website , minimum 4 days in advance of the date of arrival with a window of 120 days.The payment for the visa can be done online along with the application and Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) will be sent to the individual’s e-mail id. Please check Select country to view e-Visa fee to see list of the countries eligible for e-Visa and fee associated with visa application. e-Visa is not applicable for all the countries. Detailed information can be obtained from your consulate office.
Eligibility for e-Visa for Medical Treatment
- International Travellers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for stamping by the Immigration Officer.
- International Travellers should have the return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- International Travellers having Pakistani Passport or Pakistani origin may please apply for regular Visa at Indian Mission.
- Not available to:
- Diplomatic/Official Passport Holders or Laissez-passer travel document holders.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.